Mr. Lausell was a professor of the Puerto Rico College of Engineers and Surveyor’s Continuing Education Program, teaching several courses including Construction Contract Claims and Litigation and The Role of Expert Witnesses in Dispute Resolution Proceedings. He was Law Clerk to Judge Carlos V. Dávila, Supreme Court of Puerto Rico from 1979 to 1980. He was a licensed Professional Engineer, Puerto Rico, 1975 to 2008.
- University of Puerto Rico Law School
San Juan, PR
Magna Cum Laude
- Massachusetts Institute of Technology
1974, BS in Civil Engineering
- Puerto Rico Bar, 1979
- United States District Court for the District of Puerto Rico, 1980
- United States Court of Appeals for the First Circuit, 1982
- United States Claims Court, 1982
- United States Court of International Trade, 1982
- United States Supreme Court, 1985
Professional Associations & Certifications
- American Bar Association
- Colegio de Ingenieros y Agrimensores de Puerto Rico
- Federal Bar Association
Bravo-Santiago v. Ford Motor Company
206 F.Supp.2d 294 (D.P.R. 2002)
Vehicle seatbelt products liability.
877 F. Supp. 779 (D.P.R. 1995)
Benlate 50 DF product’s liability.
In re San Juan Dupont Plaza Hotel Fire Litigation
MDL No. 721 (D.P.R. 1988)
Member of Plaintiffs’ Steering Committee; fire in hotel resulting in 97 deaths and 100 injured.
Paul N. Howard Co. v. Puerto Rico Aqueduct Sewer Authority
744 F.2d 880 (1st Cir. 1984)
Requisite elements of differing site conditions established so that the contractor was entitled to compensation for design changes.
San Miguel Otero v. Briggs & Stratton Co.
District Court for the District of Puerto Rico, Civil No. 89-00025
Products liability – Lawnmower injury.