A primary goal at JGL is to resolve controversies most efficiently and effectively in alignment with our client’s needs. Since our inception, this vision has kept our firm at the forefront of alternative dispute resolution practices. Through a clear understanding of our client’s goals and thorough knowledge of the facts and law, our attorneys devise and execute negotiating strategies to achieve the optimum result.
The scope of matters handled by our Alternate Dispute Resolution attorneys include:
- Arbitration and Mediation
- Business Torts
- Commercial Contractual
- Labor and Employment
Whether through informal negotiation, mediation, arbitration, early settlement, or other dispute resolution strategy, JGL has helped clients resolve complex and delicate disputes in the areas of labor and collective bargaining, employment, construction, commercial, contract, maritime, and business torts. In the past, we have participated as vigorous advocates in mediation and arbitration procedures under local rules and according to the American Arbitration Association Rules and the Rules of Arbitration of the International Chamber of Commerce, among others. Our success also extends to the efficient resolution of judicial actions before trial when it is in our client’s best interests.
Our team is passionate about learning the traits and intricacies of our client’s business to provide proactive strategies to avoid disputes, such as through day-to-day practices, internal policies, contract drafting, business plans, and early detection of potential conflicts.
Our Alternate Dispute Resolution attorneys have practiced in a number of venues and forums, including:
- American Arbitration Association
- Private Mediators and Arbitrators
- Courts of First Instance of the Commonwealth of Puerto Rico
- United States District Court for the District of Puerto Rico
- United States District Court for the Southern District of New York
- United States First Circuit Court of Appeals (CAMP)
- International Chamber of Commerce
- Federal Mediation & Conciliation Service (FMCS)
- Office of Mediation and Adjudication of the Department of Labor and Human Resources of Puerto Rico
- Bureau of Conciliation and Arbitration of the Department of Labor and Human Resources of Puerto Rico
- Equal Employment Opportunity Commission