Since 1968, JGL has evolved into a multi-disciplinary legal practice with solid and lasting attorney-client relationships within Puerto Rico, the Caribbean, the United States, Central and South America, Europe, and Japan.
The Firm opened as an admiralty and maritime specialist. Over 50 years, JGL expanded and diversified its areas of practice. We are recognized in the areas of corporate and business consulting, complex litigation, labor and employment, healthcare, medical malpractice, insurance defense, transportation, commercial distributorship, personal injury, alternate dispute resolution, and construction.
We have ample experience in product liability, government-regulated markets, environmental law, copyright, operating licensing and permits, trademarks, and antitrust. Every day we appear before local and federal courts at all levels, in arbitration and mediation proceedings, and before many different administrative agencies.
We work together in an efficient team environment. Three basic principles guide us: integrity, excellence, and dedication.
We offer a broad range of backgrounds, education, and expertise: a former Navy officer, charter boat captain, civil engineer, certified public accountant, law school instructors, and former judicial clerks at the Puerto Rico Supreme Court, U.S. Court of Appeals, and Federal District Court. All are deeply involved in community activities and civil projects.
Some of Our Clients
- American Steamship Owners Mutual Protection & Indemnity Association, Inc.
- American Tugs, Inc.
- Assuranceforeningen Skuld
- Autoridad de Transporte Marítimo
- Black & Veatch
- Borinken Marine Group, LLC
- Britannia Steamship Insurance Association Limited
- British Marine Mutual Insurance Association Ltd.
- Caribbean Hotel & Tourism Association
- Castillo Water Sports
- Centro Comprensivo de Cáncer de la UPR
- Charterers Mutual Association, Ltd.
- Chemex Corporation
- Chillingdrina, LLC
- China P&I Management Company Limited
- Crowley Maritime Corporation, LLC.
- Residences at El Eden, LLC
- Electric Insurance Company
- First Bank Puerto Rico
- General Electric
- General Motors, LLC
- Hogar Jesús de Nazareth
- Hyatt Hotels
- International Transport Intermediaries Club, Ltd.
- Japan P&I
- Jostens, Inc.
- London Steamship Owner’s Mutual Insurance Association Ltd.
- Maersk Lines
- McAllister Towing and Transportation Co., Inc.
- McGill and Partners
- NG2 Investment Group
- Noord Nederlandsche P&I Club
- North Standard P&I Club
- Norwegian Hull Club
- Pernord Ricard Americas
- SeaTran Marine, LLC
- Sensei Business, LLC
- Shipowners Mutual P&I Association
- Steamship Insurance Management Services Limited
- StratAir Puerto Rico, LLC
- Supermercados Maximo, Inc. (SuperMax)
- The House
- The Korea Shipowners’ Mutual Protection & Indemnity Association
- Through Transport Mutual Insurance Association
- TOTE Maritime
- TrueBlue, Inc.
- United Kingdom Mutual Steamship Assurance Association (Bermuda) Ltd.
- Water Quality Insurance Syndicate
- West of England Shipowners Mutual Protection and Indemnity Association
- Willis Limited